?????????
Flower shop
Real estate
Wedding

web design price list web design client sample contact our web design team web design FAQ become web design reseller
   Home   Login  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Topic: Web Design :: about Flash 2  (Read 1030379 times)
« on: April 01, 2008, 03:12:21 PM »

Web Design :: apout Flash 2

What DO I have against Flash?

Before I start trashing Flash, I have to first say that I think it is a great tool, but not in all things and certainly not in the all-encompassing way that Macromedia would suggest. Here’s why:

Flash handles text very poorly. The web for the most part is about text, we go to the web to read about things, whether it be articles like this one, or what is in your shopping cart, or the latest baseball stats, it is all text.

Flash text rendering/displaying is much slower than HTML and noticeably less clear. Macromedia knows this and that’s why they include the ability to display basic HTML in Flash and that’s why on their own site, they make heavy use of  HTML.

Flash development usually takes much longer than the HTML equivalent. This has been helped to a great degree starting with the release of FLASH MX where they essential provided HTML form components, but it is still slower to create a Flash site than an HTML site.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: